Firstly, happy new year! I hope that you all had a good one and welcomed 2017 in with open arms. You'll see that I have reset the clock of my weight loss diaries and I'm starting again at week one. I figured that if I keep dwelling on my five stone accomplishments back in 2015 then I'm always going to feel like a failure so I've wiped the slate clean.
So where am I up to now? Well I weighed myself this morning and I was convince that I was would 18 stone something, I felt so sure of it that I could put money on it. I was pleasantly surprised (but still disgusted) to be 17 stone 2lbs. I think I've gotten to the point where as sharing my weight publically doesn't even effect me anymore, I'm happy to share my rolls of fat with your eyeballs so you might as well know you'll pull your back out if you tried to give me a piggyback as well. I am relieved to be in the lower end of 17s as I know I can get quickly back into the 16 stone bracket. Having started my original journey at 19 stone 5lbs I am incredibly happy that I have not put the whole five stone 5lbs that I had lost, back on.
As I've mentioned previously, my boyfriend Rich is a Weight Watcher coach and runs 7 classes a week in South Wales. It's lovely seeing the members come in and achieving their goals but it equally kills a little part of me that wants to be sharing their joy with my own weight loss. Something life has taught me over the past year is that you can't just wish for something, you have to make it happen.
For the past few days I haven't been very well. I actually haven't been well for probably ten days really, really bloated, stomach is hard etc and I've figured it's because of the amount I was eating of really unhealthy food and my body was overloaded with it. For the past few days I've felt a little short of breath and tired so I've not felt like eating at all. I have been taking cold and flu tablets (although I hate taking tablets so you know it's bad when I'm actually agreeing to it!) just to try and get myself better again. This has however naturally kickstarted my weight loss as my appetite has been reduced and I woke up this morning and started drinking water (flavoured water but still, one step at a time!)
I wanted to tell you my weight loss goals because everything everywhere says for you to write your goals down:
- I aim to see the top end of the 15 stone mark by mid February. I'm 17 stone 2 now so that means I need to loose a little more then 16lbs in 6 weeks. I tend to have fairly big losses when I stick to my food schedule so I know this is possible.
- I aim to therefore be mid 15s by my birthday (3rd March)
- I want to get back into my size 16 clothes, all of which have not seen the light of day in months apart from the pieces that are extremely generous.
- I want to be able to walk again without getting out of breath.
- I want to be able to put my socks on without the slight difficulty I have now, embarrassing as that may be.
- I want my collarbones back.
- I want my arms to become toned again and less like the rippled texture they currently are.
- I want to walk into situations and feel confident that I'm not being judged for my size as I am the same as everyone else and no longer stand out for the wrong reasons.
- I want to allow photos to be taken of myself again, I am back to insisting no photos are taken as I know how bad I look. Every selfie is a clever angle to hide my round face.
- I want for the next flight I go on that the tray table will definitely fit, the flight in December found me jamming the tray into myself to eat my meal. It wasn't quite as bad as it used to be as the belt fit me but the tray table not having a gap between it and myself was upsetting.
- I want to be back to 14 stone something by June, if not sooner. I realise 14 stone to some is still huge but when I get back to where I was I can then head further down from there.
So there it all is, my current situation, my goals and I am once again going to change my life for the better. I will never give up. I'll see you next Sunday for my weigh in and update.
- Every day we have a choice, it's a fresh start and the most important part from any healthy eating plan is to just try and make as many days, good ones.
- Losing a pound a week is still over three and a half stone in a year.
- If you're feeling particularly down about your weight, remember that if you stick to a balanced diet then by this time next week you could have dropped quite a few pounds, just the kick start you need to get going! Even just by cutting down on treats you could make a difference, how good would that feel?!
Why not come and be my friend on the My Fitness Pal app - search for 'liverpoollashes'
If you have a FitBit then why not be my friend on that and send me a challenge? click here.
If you want to read my previous Slim Down Sunday posts - click here.
If you want to read my explanation of Slimming World - click here.
If you want to read my explanation of calorie counting and basic weight loss methods - click here.
Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest - search for 'liverpoollashes'
My facebook page is always updated latest information, tutorials and reviews - click here.
If you want to see more videos from me, my You Tube Channel is here.
CND Five Point Polish Method (for CND Shellac & Vinylux) - click here
If you want to read my 'Focusing On' blog posts - click here
Want to see more using Lecente glitter? - click here